Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Borders

So I thought long and hard on the decision to put borders on my Pineapple Blossom....  My friends all thought borders were a good idea. Then I thought long and hard about what kind of borders I wanted. So I started with a tone on tone white 2.5 inch border. Next I decided to use some of those bonus triangles. I set mine differently than the pattern and anyone else that I've seen. Why did I set them this way? Because I wanted all of my corners to be the same. Maybe it is an OCD thing? Anyway, I opted to piece my triangle borders a bit short and then filled in the corners with more tone on tone white. It's ok...it's starting to grow on me. Now I am thinking long and hard about border number three. I don't want to purchase any fabric, since so far the entire top is made with scraps and fabrics on hand. So I am thinking it is going to be a 5 inch solid green border....maybe...I might change my mind..again!  I am tempted to make a scrappy border using random lengths of 5 inch strips instead of a solid border, but I wonder if it will be too much scrappy? On the other hand since the entire thing is scrappy will it look odd to have a solid border?? I will be glad to have this top completed because I seem to be having trouble making all these decisions!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This quilt is awesome!!! I suggest purchasing enough medium blue with a small print, maybe a blue on blue print, sometime called a mixer print for a 4 to 5 inch border. That will calm the beautiful splashes of wonderful color. Perhaps an orange binding. Great job, Laura!

    ReplyDelete