Thursday, April 9, 2015

Quilt Retreat

I was lucky enough to attend our guild's quilt retreat this weekend. It was so much fun! I got a few things accomplished while I was there.

I finished step 3 of our guild's mystery quilt first. Yea! I can't wait for step 4!!
Then I pieced a baby quilt top. Yellow for the rainbow scrap challenge. I picked this pattern because we share a name :) I love how happy this top looks! The pattern is Laura from Michelle's Romantic Tangle

3rd I worked on these blocks from the book Fat Quarter Style. This pattern is called Plume. As you can see I am making it in patriotic colors. This one will be donated to our guild's community service for their Hometown Heroes program. These blocks are just laid out ready to be seen together. I like the yellow "plumes" which make me think of shooting stars or maybe fireworks.

And last I worked on sewing my jelly roll strips together for my whirling hexagons quilt top. I didn't take any pictures because I still need to cut them up into triangles.
Progress is good and fun! Retreat was awesome! My one regret: I wish I had taken more pictures...Oh well. I will next time!



2 comments:

  1. Busy lady! Your work is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You've been busy. Love the "Laura" baby quilt. COOL name for a quilt. Mystery clue blocks looking good. Looking forward to seeing it come together.
    Hometown hero quilt is going to be awesome! LOVE those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete